The American Association of Medical Review Officers is a professional medical organization dedicated to formulating national standards and certification of medical practitioners in the field of drug and alcohol testing.
- AAMRO certification is valid for five (5) years and meets the current federal regulations.
- Online listing in the searchable Registry of Certified Medical Review Officers with easy access for potential employers.
- Credentials to perform regulated and non-regulated drug testing.
- Member of a national recognized credentialing organization in the field of alcohol and drug testing.
- CME credits for training programs and the online recertification exam that are acceptable as AMA Category I credits that can be used toward requirements to maintain a medical license.
- AAMRO has a dynamic peer to peer forum through the MRO Center for members to exchange ideas, ask questions, and share experiences. The forum has an added bonus offering a networking opportunity to connect with other physicians.
- Regulatory, technical, procedural and legal support on drug testing cases from leading professionals who are experts in their field.
- Maintaining a current membership through the MRO Center by renewing your yearly subscription to the MROAlert news journal keeps you updated on regulatory changes, legal cases, new drugs and testing procedures.
- Discounts on conference registrations, educational content from conference presentation materials and publications.
- Access to the MRO Center which provides tools to drug profiles, state laws, and federal law regulations (FDA, DOT, Coast Guard, HIPAA, NRC, etc.)