Advanced Comprehensive MRO Training (Recertification ONLY)
*Available ONLY to currently certified MRO's*
This instruction provides the qualification training required by the U.S. Department of Transporation and preparation for the AAMRO re-certification examination.
This is a 1.5 day advanced course that offers Certified Medical Review Officers (MROs) an excellent opportunity to increase and update their knowledge and familiarity with changes in substance abuse testing and federal regulations, risk management, business issues and science and interpretation concerns involved in hair, oral fluid testing and sweat testing. This course includes detailed coverage of:
- Technical and regulatory updates
- Hair, nail, and oral fluid testing
- Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) evaluations
- Technical and legal considerations involved in the MRO process
- Guidance and risk management practices
AAMRO Certification is recognized as an objection standard of competency and expertise for Medical Review Officers. Candidates certified through AAMRO receive a diploma and are listed in the online searchable Registry of Certified Medical Review Officers, a national industry guide of MROs.
Advanced Comprehensive Medical Review Officer Training vs. Basic Comprehensive Medical Review Officer Training. What's the difference?
- The Advanced Comprehensive Medical Review Officer Training course is ONLY for current certified MROs, whereas the Basic Comprehensive MRO Training course is designed to prepare and certify physicians that are NEW to the duties of an MRO.
- The Advanced Comprehensive program is 1.5 days in length vs a longer 2.5-day program for Comprehensive MRO Training.
CME Credits - This program is accepted for for 13.25 prescribed credit hours by the American Academy of Family Physicians and American Board of Preventive Medicine.
Day One —
7:30 am — Registration and continental breakfast
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day Two —
7:30 am - Continental breakfast
8:00 am – 12:00 pm — AAMRO Program
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - AAMRO Examination