Online Training and Recertification
Two Options for Recertification
Download Recertification for non-members Application
Effective October 1, 2010 the Department of Transportation requires all certified MROs to maintain their certification and "re-qualify" (i.e. recertify) every five years. You must take a training course and certifcation exam to recertify.
Basic Comprehensive MRO Training - 2.5 days (21.75 CME Credits)
Advanced Comprehensive MRO Training - 1.5 days (14 CME Credits)
(The exam is offered onsite immediately following the training program)
- The exam is closed-book and proctored
- The exam is a two-hour timed examination
- Results are provided two to three weeks after the exam date
- Two retests permitted (after a failed exam) within a 12 month time frame onsite or online
- CME Credits: Credits are prescribed credit hours by the American Academy of Family Physicians and American Medical Association as Category 1 credits.
AAMRO Online MRO Recertification Training & Certification Exam
AAMRO provides physicians the opportunity to complete their MRO recertification training and certification exam online using any computer & high-speed Internet connection. The online training offers ten module e-learning course to allow professional Medical Review Officers to complete their recertification training and exam online.
- The online training and online exam has to be taken within 30 days
- The cost of the online training is $750.00 for previously certified physicians -$950 for non-certified physicians
- The training and exam can be taken and saved so you can log on and off within the 30 day period
- You must purchased the current copy of the MRO Handbook
- CME Credits: Online training is accepted for 15 prescribed credit hours by the American Academy of Family Physicians
Online Certification Exam
You may take the online exam after you have completed the online recertification course or if have attending an onsite training with AAMRO within the last 12 months.
- The exam is open-book. You may save your work and return to it as often as needed in order to complete the exam in the allotted time
- The exam is taken on your own computer with an Internet connection
- Results are provided immediately at the end of the exam, you will be able to review any questions you answered incorrectly
- The exam can be taken and saved so you can log on and off within the 30 day period
- Two retests permitted (after a failed exam) within a 3 month time frame onsite or online
- Full payment is required to take the exam a 3rd time
- CME Credits: Online exam is accepted for 16 prescribed credit hours by the American Academy of Family Physicians
For further information call AAMRO at (800) 489-1839 or download the appliciation: